Monday, September 21, 2009

For the Birds


I wouldn't say that I've become bored with my floral tapestries, but I have felt that they needed to move in a little bit of a different direction, so lately I've started incorporating images of birds into the mix. So far I've been both excited and perplexed by the process. It seems that it should be easy enough to integrate a bird into a painting of flowers, after all, the two are so often found together in art, but I found it to be a little bit more challenging than I had anticipated. Challenging yes, but exciting as well. Here is the painting that I worked on at the Vegas Market. The bird was very different while I was there and I've tweeked it alot since I got home. I'll be posting more bird images very soon. Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I just have to tell you I love your stuff!