Monday, November 2, 2009

Small Works Show


These little bird paintings are going to make their way to the small works show at Evergreen Gallery. I haven't quite figured out yet how I'm going to frame them. I think I'll try mounting them on panel so that they look similar to my floral paintings.
Last week I showed some to my publisher, Laurie, who took a few to photograph and possibly use in their next line. It would be a fun departure from my other paintings and I think the small size would be great for gifts. I'm also going to design the Christmas card for Poems Art in the same style. I'll be using vintage Christmas sheet music in the background. I'll post some photos once I finish it.

2 comments:

Diana said...

I really like the book/bird art. Are you painting directly on the book paper? I would think it might buckle. I want to try something like that with this old love letter, but don't want to ruin it. Very creative!

Kate said...

Diana,

The paper I've been using takes both the ink and the paint really well. It's really old (late 1800s) and it must have a different weave than newer paper. I'd try playing around with some different types of paper so that you don't ruin your love letter. I'd love to see how it turns out.