Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Wizard of Oz


I've been very busy painting the scenery for my daughter's school play. These corn panels have taken about four hours each. Times that by seven and you've got A LOT of work. And that's just the tip of the iceburg. The Emerald City is 32 feet wide and 18 feet tall. The farmhouse has a detachable porch that spins during the hurricane. We've got a witch's castle and a wizard's chamber and of course there's Munchkinland. But it will all be worth it! Right?

2 comments:

Diana said...

It's awesome. What a great mom.

Sounds like you might need to enlist some help.

You and your daughter will have a great memory.

Barbara said...

It's gorgeous! I hope they will belong to you after the play, because there might be a market for a whole Wizard of Oz panel library somewhere. I mean, I bet there is!